Monday, June 23, 2014

Dry Figs + Almonds / Higos Secos + Almendras

Hi there, it´s been a while. I still can´t seem to get used to having a blog. I´m not sure if it feels right just yet. Do you have those periods of time when you just wanna stay away from the Internet as much as possible for some strange reason?

Anyway, let´s see how this post goes... shall we?

Hola, ha pasado un buen tiempo. Me parece que todavía no me he podido acostumbrar a tener un blog. No estoy segura de si se siente bien por el momento. ¿Han sentido alguna vez la necesidad de mantenerse lo más lejos posible de internet por alguna extraña razon?

De todos modos, vamos a ver como sale este post... ¿de acuerdo?


Last Friday I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried to make a non vanilla flavoured cupcake. At first the sound of dry figs and almonds didn´t really sound great inside my head. I actually thought they were gonna taste awful but I was surprised to find out I was completely wrong. They were SO GOOD! I found the recipe online, here´s a link for it: Dry figs + Almonds It´s in Spanish, so I will translate it to English next:

Ingredients:

250 gr. pastry flour 
225 gr. sugar
250 ml. water
120 gr. chopped almonds 
85 gr. of figs 
30 gr. sunflower oil
5 g. sodium bicarbonate 
2.5 gr. salt
A teaspoon of almond extract (to taste)
Chopped almonds, for garnish 

Preparation:

Step 1: Preheat oven to 190 ° C.In a bowl chop the almonds and the figs. Do not reduce it to powder, simply chop. Mix the flour with the salt and sugar.
In another bowl, mix the chopped figs and almonds with water, sunflower oil and the almond extract (I used just a drop of the extract, but the recipe says you can skip it)
Then mix the liquid ingredients (mixture of water, oil, figs and almonds) with the dry (flour, baking soda, sugar and salt).

 
Step 2: Fill the molds with the mixture and then pour some chopped almonds over the muffins. Now it´s time to put them in the oven. The recipe says to leave them for about 25 minutes but I left them for 30 minutes.

I really hope you try this recipe. They were delicious!


 photo HigosAlmendrasblog_zpsc57af8bc.jpg

El viernes pasado salí de mi zona de confort y traté de hacer muffins sin sabor a vainilla. Al principio, la idea de utilizar higos secos y almendras no sonó muy bien en mi mente. Realmente pensé que iban a tener un gusto terrible, pero me sorprendí al descubrir que estaba completamente equivocada. ¡Estaban buenísimos! Aquí está el enlace de la receta que encontré: Higos secos + Almendras

Espero que intenten hacerlos. ¡Estaban deliciosos!


I hope you have an awesome day! / ¡Espero que tengan un día genial!


4 comments:

  1. oh it sounds so good! i love nuts like almonds, and the extreme sweetness of figs is a perfect pairing. i'm in the process of moving but once we settle in the next few months i will write back to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were yummy! :) I can´t wait to get your letter!

      Delete
  2. These look delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe. Lovely blog. ---Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Your blog is lovely as well! Have a nice day!

      Delete