Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Vegan Pancakes / Panqueques Veganos

Today I decided I was gonna make something sweet but healthy at the same time. Making vegan pancakes was my first option just because I knew it was gonna be fast and easy for a lazy day like today.

I found a recipe online (click here) and in 10 minutes I was already tasting my first pancake. It was actually easier than I expected!

Ingredients

1 cup of whole wheat flour
tablespoon of brown sugar
1 pinch of salt
2 tablespoons yeast
1 cup almond milk  
2 tablespoons olive oil (I used sunflower oil)

Just mix the dry ingredients and then add the almond milk with the olive oil. Blend everything until it´s smooth.
Put a little bit of oil in a hot pan and then add some the mixture with a big spoon. In the recipe I found it says to wait until bubbles are formed to turn the pancake. Then wait for about 3 minutes and your pancake should be done.

They turned out to be amazing! I ate them with quince paste and also blueberry jam but you can have them with whatever you prefer.

 photo VeganPancakes_zps3dd4fa8c.jpg 
 photo VeganPancakes2_zps116838c3.jpg

Hoy decidí que iba a preparar algo dulce pero saludable al mismo tiempo. Hacer panqueques veganos fue mi primera opción simplemente porque sabía que iba a ser rápido y fácil para un día de descanso como el de hoy.

Encontré una receta online (click aquí) y en 10 minutos ya estaba saboreando mi primer panqueque. ¡En realidad resultó ser más fácil de lo que esperaba!

Ingredientes

1 taza de harina de trigo integral
1 cucharada de azúcar morena
1 pizca de sal
2 cucharadas de levadura
1 taza de leche de almendras
2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva (Yo utilice aceite de girasol)

Simplemente hay que mezclar los ingredientes secos y luego añadir la leche de almendras con el aceite de girasol. Mezclar todo hasta que esté suave y sin grumos.

Poner un poco de aceite en una sartén caliente y luego añadir un poco de la mezcla con una cucharon. En la receta que encontré dice que hay que esperar hasta que se formen burbujas para dar vuelta el panqueque. Luego esperar unos 3 minutos y el panqueque debería estar listo.

¡Resultaron ser increíbles! Los comí con dulce de membrilo y con mermelada de arandanos, pero se pueden comer con lo que prefieran.


I hope you have an awesome day! / ¡Espero que tengan un dia genial!


4 comments:

  1. They look so good! I love pancakes! Everytime when I'm making pancakes the first one always fails haha :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pancakes too! :D Haha the same thing happens to me!

      Delete
  2. yum! pancakes are a special treat for me, waffles too! anything that i can do to make them a little bit healthier helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look great :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete