Sunday, January 6, 2013

PEN PALS + PACKAGE EXCHANGE


A couple of days ago I came across a blog related to pen pals and package exchange (You can check it out here: afloodofmemories) The minute I read the first post I just fell in love with the concept of it. I never knew how many people were interested in having a pen pal or in exchanging goodies through mail. I feel like all these wonderful habits have been a little lost over the last few years because of technology. Don´t get me wrong, I adore all my electronic stuff but I always hoped I would be able to use them in a way that could mean something. Even something important that could make someone´s day.

That´s the reason why when I found this blog I started looking more into it and I´m really excited to tell you that I´m sending out my 2 first pen pal letters tomorrow! =)

I´ve also been preparing a little package for Anouck which I hope she likes. I never knew how hard it was to pick stuff for someone and actually be sure that they´re gonna like it!

What do you think of this? Do you have a pen pal? Have you ever exchanged goodies with someone from another country and culture?

I wanna thank the people who have been commenting and following me, it really means a lot to me that even if I´ve just started you took the time to read my words. THANK YOU!

I hope you´re all having a wonderful day!

PS: Look how cute her button is:
 


Hace unos días encontre un blog sobre amigos por correspondencia e intercambio de paquetes (Lo pueden mirar aquí: afloodofmemories) Desde el momento que leí la primer entrada me encantó el concepto del mismo. Nunca imaginé cuanta gente estaba interesada en tener amigos por correspondencia o intercambiar paquetes por correo. Siento que estos hábitos se han ido perdiendo un poco en los últimos años a raiz del crecimiento en el uso de la tecnología. No me malinterpreten, adoro todas mis artefactos electrónicas pero siempre tuve la esperanza de usarlas en una manera que significara algo. Hasta quizás que significara algo importante que pudiera cambiar el dia de una persona.

Esta es la razón por la cual cuando encontré este blog empecé a investigar sobre el tema y estoy muy emocionada por contarles que mañana voy a mandar mis primeras cartas a dos amigas por correspondencia que encontré gracias a este blog. =)

También he estado preparando un paquete para Anouck que espero que le guste. ¡Nunca pensé que sería tan difícil elegir cosas para alguien y además estar seguro de que le van a gustar!

¿Qué piensan de esto? ¿Tienen un amigo por correspondencia? ¿Alguna vez han intercambiado cosas lindas con personas de otro país y cultura?

Quiero agradecerle a todas las personas que han comentado en mi blog y han comenzado a seguirme. Significa mucho para mi que alguien se haya tomado el tiempo de leer mis palabras a pesar de que recién estoy empezando. MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Espero que tengan un día hermoso!

10 comments:

  1. i had loooaaaads of penpals when i was a kid!! it was so much fun! maybe i should start over as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! :) I remember I had one pen pal when I was a kid and it was so much fun! I think this will be a great experience!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of having a penpal! When I moved away from my family to a different state for the summer, phone calls and emails were nice, but getting little handwritten (or even typed) letters and packages here and there is so much more special!

    -Mia @ definingmia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I feel like a handwritten letter or package is more personal and you can show a person a little more of you! :)

      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Penpals are always fun!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog! Come again soon!

    http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this comment! :) I adore your blog! Yes, pen pals are really fun! :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I adore your blog! :) Yes, I feel like having a pen pal is really fun!

      Delete
  5. I used to have penpals when I was younger. I've been having a craving for hand written letters again lately, but I have the misfortune of people just not writing back. Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving me a comment! :) I really hope you get to find pen pals who write back on this blog! :D

      Delete